Management Information Systems
MIS teaches skills that lie at the interface between business functions and information technologies. These include highly sought after proficiencies that help you identify technology improvements in business practices including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and everything in between, formulate creative solutions, manage teams that will implement solutions and understand business requirements with the perspective of technologies.
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
- April 2017 – Newsletter May 16, 2017
- Faculty Spotlight – Satvinder Mayall April 28, 2017Satvinder Mayall is an Adjunct Professor in the UConn Operations and Information Management (OPIM) Department. Mayall has an extensive background in information technology throughout his career, holding senior management positions involving business and technology. He holds a Bachelor of Science (BS) and a Masters of Science (MS) in Electrical Engineering, along with a Masters of […]
- MIS Students Honored with Scholarships April 26, 2017On Tuesday April 25th the Operations and Information Management (OPIM) Department gathered to honor a number of students majoring in Management Information Systems (MIS). Over 30 undergraduate students, freshman through seniors, were selected and recognized for their excellence in the MIS program. Before receiving their scholarships the recipients were praised for their accomplishments by Sulin Ba, the Associate Dean of the School […]
- Installing IoT through Splunk April 24, 2017The final technology workshop of the Spring 2017 semester held by the Operations and Information Management (OPIM) Department explored Internet of Things (IoT) through Splunk. It was the last in a series of technology workshops part of the OPIM Innovate Initiative. The workshop took place in the Gladstein Lab on Friday, April 21st. Professor Ryan O’Connor instructed […]
- Advice for the Class of 2017 May 12, 2017Arrive Early, Stay Late, Put in the Effort to Succeed, Says Commencement Speaker Doug Elliot, President of The Hartford In a commencement speech laced with solid career advice about hard work and attaining career success, Doug Elliot ’82 mentioned that his life did benefit from a touch of serendipity. Elliot, the president of The Hartford... […]
- Snap! Commencement 2017 May 9, 2017UConn Today – Snap! Commencement 2017 See the photos
- #UConn17 Business Students Say Thanks May 5, 2017
- Senior Business Students Pause, Reflect as Commencement Nears May 3, 2017As this year’s graduating seniors prepare for their careers, we asked a few School of Business students to reflect on their time spent at the University of Connecticut. Each with different stories, memories and struggles to share, this year’s graduating class is as unique as they are impressive. Luke LaBranche ’17 (OPIM), Karla Lazo ’17... […]