Management Information Systems
MIS teaches skills that lie at the interface between business functions and information technologies. These include highly sought after proficiencies that help you identify technology improvements in business practices including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and everything in between, formulate creative solutions, manage teams that will implement solutions and understand business requirements with the perspective of technologies.
Monday, July 31st, 2017
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Storrs CampusBUSN 391
Ratings Game â Inflation Detection, Audit Design, and Technology Adoption on the Nursing Home Compare System
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
- April 2017 – Newsletter May 16, 2017
- Faculty Spotlight – Satvinder Mayall April 28, 2017Satvinder Mayall is an Adjunct Professor in the UConn Operations and Information Management (OPIM) Department. Mayall has an extensive background in information technology throughout his career, holding senior management positions involving business and technology. He holds a Bachelor of Science (BS) and a Masters of Science (MS) in Electrical Engineering, along with a Masters of […]
- MIS Students Honored with Scholarships April 26, 2017On Tuesday April 25th the Operations and Information Management (OPIM) Department gathered to honor a number of students majoring in Management Information Systems (MIS). Over 30 undergraduate students, freshman through seniors, were selected and recognized for their excellence in the MIS program. Before receiving their scholarships the recipients were praised for their accomplishments by Sulin Ba, the Associate Dean of the School […]
- Installing IoT through Splunk April 24, 2017The final technology workshop of the Spring 2017 semester held by the Operations and Information Management (OPIM) Department explored Internet of Things (IoT) through Splunk. It was the last in a series of technology workshops part of the OPIM Innovate Initiative. The workshop took place in the Gladstein Lab on Friday, April 21st. Professor Ryan O’Connor instructed […]
- UConn Professor Gets Some Answers About Social Media Addiction July 13, 2017Mansfield Patch – A University of Connecticut faculty member has reached a conclusion about social media addiction — the answer seems to lie not with quantity of postings but whether people post more on weekends than weekdays. UConn operations and information management professor Xue Bai and two colleagues revealed the findings in a newly published... […]
- Social Media Addiction: Who’s Most at Risk? July 12, 2017HealthNewsDigest.com – Are you at risk of becoming addicted to social media? It seems the answer lies not in how much you tweet or microblog, but rather, whether you post significantly more on weekends than weekdays. That’s what UConn operations and information management professor Xue Bai and two colleagues found in a newly published study... […]
- Are You At Risk of Becoming a Social Media Addict? July 7, 2017UConn Professor Discovers that Heavy Weekend Users May be Substituting Social Media for a Social Life Are you at risk of becoming addicted to social media? It seems that the answer lies not in how much you tweet or microblog, but, rather, if you find yourself posting significantly more on weekends than weekdays. That’s what... […]
- UConn Business School Makes Its Mark in Stamford June 27, 2017The University of Connecticut’s downtown hub stands about 100 miles from its main campus. But it is no distant outpost. UConn’s business school exemplifies the increasing prominence of the university in Stamford. Enrollment is growing and a major conference held last week reflects university officials’ view of the Stamford campus as an equal to the... […]