Technology advancements now allow companies to collect massive amount of data. With so much raw data, businesses urgently need analytics tools that allow them to effectively analyze and act upon these data to help them identify opportunities and risks and to optimize business processes.
This graduate-level certificate is designed for business managers and information professionals who are interested in the role of business analytics in organizations and how data analytics can be applied to help make better business decisions.
|Delivery Format||Hybrid online and face-to-face|
|Locations||Hartford or Stamford, Connecticut|
|Length||Five courses (15 credits)|
|Term||Fall, Spring, Summer|
|Course Fees||Commensurate with Part-time MBA course fees|
The Business Analytics Certificate requires 15 credits as follows:
• OPIM 5603 Statistics for Analytics
• OPIM 5604 Predictive Modeling
• OPIM 5671 Data Mining and Business Intelligence
• OPIM 5272 Business Process Modeling and Data Management
One elective from the following list:
• OPIM 5503 Data Mining with R
• OPIM 5502 Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
• OPIM 5504 Adaptive Business Intelligence
• OPIM 5641 Business Decision Modeling
• OPIM 5501 Visual Analytics
• OPIM 5505 Analytical Consulting for Financial Services
• 3 credits of other OPIM 5000-level coursework with permission of Department
Applicants must fulfill one of the following requirements:
- Graduate degree (Ph.D., MD, JD, Master’s) from a fully-accredited university or college
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution AND be a working professional in the areas related to data processing and management.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed by the Admissions Committee to the Part-time MBA Program in downtown Hartford.
Please review the Application Instructions before starting your application.