Today’s business projects run the gamut from relatively straightforward local endeavors to complex ventures involving multidisciplinary teams across broad geographic locations. Efficiently managing all types of projects is crucial to the competitive well-being of any firm. Business professionals who are technically competent in project management and successful in working with diverse teams to drive project deliverables are in great demand.
This graduate-level certificate is designed for business professionals who wish to enhance their project management skills.
|Delivery Format||Hybrid online and face-to-face|
|Location||Hartford or Stamford, Connecticut|
|Length||Four courses (12 credits)*|
|Term||Fall, Spring, Summer|
|Course Fees||Commensurate with Part-time MBA course fees|
The Project Management Certificate requires 12 credits as follows:
• OPIM 5270 Project Management
• OPIM 5668 Project Risk and Cost Management
• MGMT 5620 Project Leadership and Communication
• One elective from the following list:
o OPIM 5507 Advanced Project Management Topics: Agile
o OPIM 5894* Special Topic (Special Topic courses vary, upon selection must be approved by OPIM Dept. Head)
o 3 credits of other OPIM 5000-level coursework with permission of Department
- Applicant must have already earned a graduate degree (Ph.D., MD, JD, Master’s) from a fully accredited university or college.
- Applicants who have earned an undergraduate degree are eligible if they are working professionals in the areas related to project management.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed by the Admissions Committee to the Part-time MBA Program in downtown Hartford.
Please review the Application Instructions before starting your application.