Management Information Systems
MIS teaches skills that lie at the interface between business functions and information technologies. These include highly sought after proficiencies that help you identify technology improvements in business practices including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and everything in between, formulate creative solutions, manage teams that will implement solutions and understand business requirements with the perspective of technologies.
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
- Immediate Summer Research Opportunity in an Aerospace startup May 26, 2021Immediate Opening: Summer Engineering Research Opportunity A full time summer fellowship (stipend $4,000-$5,000) is available immediately with a UConn aerospace engineering startup company. Research will involve hands-on design, testing and building of several drone platforms. Location is on-site in the UConn technology incubator in Stamford, CT. Technical “can-do” mindset required; background in mechanical, electrical, or computer engineering desirable but not essential. This fellowship is an immersive research experience in technology innovation and […]
- Data in Business Workshop – learn more about MSBAPM April 28, 2021Loading... Taking too long? Reload document | Open in new tab
- Become a Werth Innovator April 8, 2021Loading... Taking too long? Reload document | Open in new tab
- Ascend Career Panel March 31, 2021Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/92816921729?pwd=b1ROb21lOVIwZUdVYWhTVFBHUnQ3UT09 Meeting ID: 928 1692 1729 Passcode: ascend
- Prestigious AACSB International Re-Accredits School of Business, Accounting Program June 28, 2021The prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), considered by many to be the ‘gold standard’ of accrediting organizations, has re-accredited the School of Business and, separately, its Accounting program. “It is a tremendous honor to be re-accredited by AACSB and to be recognized among the leading business schools in the world,” said... […]
- Colonial Pipeline Ransomware Attack a Warning of Infrastructure’s Vulnerability May 18, 2021UConn Today – Hours-long lines at the pump, gas stations that ran dry, and images of people hoarding gas in jerry cans, across multiple Eastern states, dominated the news last week. Read article
- UConn Business Professors Present Five, Free Mini-Courses to Showcase Graduate Classes March 15, 2021The UConn School of Business is offering five mini-courses to showcase the expertise of its faculty. Although the programs were designed for prospective graduate students, anyone is welcome to join the one-hour, online courses free of charge. Topics range from “Overcoming Your own Biases to Make Better Ethical Decisions” to “If you Are so Smart,... […]
- OPIM Professor Bob Day’s Work Recognized by Nobel-Prize Winner February 22, 2021Most people appreciate having their expertise and work acknowledged, but exponentially so when the praise comes from a highly respected Nobel Prize winner. “I was both thrilled and humbled to have professor Paul Milgrom highlight our joint work in his recent Nobel Prize lecture,” said Bob Day, associate dean for undergraduate programs in the School... […]