Management Information Systems
MIS teaches skills that lie at the interface between business functions and information technologies. These include highly sought after proficiencies that help you identify technology improvements in business practices including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and everything in between, formulate creative solutions, manage teams that will implement solutions and understand business requirements with the perspective of technologies.
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
- EY is Hiring Interns! January 28, 2020Open Internships: Summer 2020 Launch Internship Summer 2020 Audit & Tax Internships Fall 2020 Audit & Tax Internships Winter 2021 Audit, Tax, and Risk Advisory Internships Summer 2021 Audit, Tax, and Risk Advisory Internships Application Deadline: 2020 Internships – Rolling Applications 2021 Internships – 2/10/20 on Handshake Upcoming Events: EY Virtual Info […]
- Mark Your Calendars : Eisenhower Series Coming to UConn! January 28, 2020Are you interested in Empowering Innovation in the Department of Defense? Eisenhower series is coming to Uconn! The Eisenhower Series College Program is a fifty-year-old outreach effort run by the Army War College offered to university and community groups around the nation. Each year, selected service members travel nationwide to strengthen connections between the American […]
- Attention Seniors – IBM is Hiring! January 28, 2020Position: Full Time Accounting Systems Analysts Location: IBM’s Southbury Connecticut office. International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is currently seeking a Management Information Systems major to fill their Accounting Systems Analyst full time position for Winter 2020. In this role, you will serve as a liaison between IBM Finance and the IBM CIO organization, […]
- MEM Majors Brainstorm Manufacturing Solutions with AR/VR December 13, 2019On Thursday, November 21st, OPIM Innovate hosted a rotational virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) workshop for UConn’s Management and Engineering for Manufacturing program (MEM). Here, students from Professor Mousumi Roy’s MEM3221 class were tasked with brainstorming ways in which either VR or AR can be integrated into the manufacturing process. In order for […]
- UConn MBA Program Ranked Among Public Top 20 January 27, 2020The Financial Times released its highly regarded 2020 MBA rankings today and the UConn MBA program was among the Top 20 public universities for its academic rigor. The UConn MBA ranked No. 16, up from No. 20 last year, in the category of public MBA programs in the U.S. It also ranked No. 5 in... […]
- Hanover Challenge: Students’ Ideas Impressed Insurance Experts January 6, 2020UConn students recently completed a first-of-its-kind, semester-long challenge, analyzing and presenting data to help The Hanover Insurance Co. gain better insight into their present and future customer base. Three things made this challenge unique. First, students had the opportunity to earn up to $500 each in scholarship money, and top performers will be selected for... […]
- Travis Bloom ’13: Avoiding the $10k Vet Bill January 2, 2020As soon as alumnus Travis Bloom ’13 (BUS) tells people that he co-owns a company that brokers pet health insurance, the stories begin. Almost every pet owner recalls a beloved animal’s illness or injury that led to an enormous out-of-pocket medical expense. “A $10,000 veterinarian bill isn’t unusual,” Bloom said. “There are many people who... […]
- 2019 – Some of Our Favorite Photos December 30, 2019Here’s a collection of some of our favorite photos and events from 2019 – Wishing you and yours an abundant and happy new year!