Management Information Systems
MIS teaches skills that lie at the interface between business functions and information technologies. These include highly sought after proficiencies that help you identify technology improvements in business practices including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and everything in between, formulate creative solutions, manage teams that will implement solutions and understand business requirements with the perspective of technologies.
Tuesday, February 20th, 2018
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Storrs CampusGladstein Lab, BUSN 391
The OPIM Department will be hosting a technology demonstration on Analytics.
Tuesday, February 20th, 2018
07:30 PM - 09:00 PM
Storrs Campus, Storrs CampusBUSN 302
Information Management Association Club Meetings will be held in the School of Business room 302.
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
- An Introduction to Blockchain February 19, 2018On Friday February 9th, the Operations and Information Management (OPIM) Department held a workshop on an Introduction to Blockchain. This workshop taught by Christopher Day, a business advisor from RapidQube, is the first in a series of three Blockchain workshops discussing how this new technology is disrupting and revolutionizing the business world. “Blockchain is a big […]
- John Hauselt Student Spotlight February 19, 2018John Hauselt, a sophomore pursuing a degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) with a minor in Computer Science, has been interested in Information Technology since he was in high school. As a proactive student he decided to begin his job search as a junior in high school, looking for jobs in IT to fill his […]
- Data Analytics Minor February 19, 2018The Data Analytics minor gives students data analytics skills in understanding patterns in data, analytical frameworks, predictive modeling, and discovering hidden relationships in data. These skills are important for problem solving in the business world, especially in fields such as finance and accounting. The ability to understand and analyze data is a crucial aspect of all […]
- Scholarship Opportunities (Round 2) February 19, 2018SOUTH JERSEY LAW FIRM OF JOHN W. TUMELTY ANNOUNCES $1,000 CANCER SURVIVOR SCHOLARSHIP If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with any type of cancer, you are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. Applicants must be attending a four year accredited university by the fall of 2018. The application requires a copy of […]
- ‘A Game-Changer for MSBAPM Students’ January 23, 2018Fun-Filled Professional Enhancement Challenges Will Highlight Student Accomplishments, Strengthen Resumes Students in the Business Analytics and Project Management master’s degree program (MSBAPM) will have the opportunity to compete in a new professional enhancement, gamification-style challenge. Those who excel in the contest will be eligible for small scholarships to be applied toward future study. And even... […]
- Does Social Media Excel When an Industry is in Crisis? January 18, 2018Savvy Social Media Tactics Boosted Airline Industry Following Devastating Crash The crash of a passenger airplane is the ultimate public relations crisis for the airline industry. But the opportunity to explore the way a distressed airline—and its competitors—handle that crisis on social media provides an outline for many different companies on the right and wrong... […]
- FAU Study Says Some Nursing Homes Gaming the System to Improve Their Medicare Star Ratings January 18, 2018PR Newswire– For families faced with the difficult decision of placing a loved one in a nursing home, a government rating system is often the only source of information to determine which facilities are the best. However, a new study of nursing homes in California, the nation’s largest system, by faculty at Florida Atlantic University... […]
- Broadband Companies, Public Officials Set Sights on Super-Fast Internet January 8, 2018Stamford Advocate– The race is on to expand high-speed internet service across the country. Stamford-based Charter Communications has emerged as a leader in the broadband industry, as it has connected millions of customers across the country in recent months to super-fast “gigabit” service. In Connecticut, public officials are also pushing ahead with a number of... […]