Management Information Systems
MIS teaches skills that lie at the interface between business functions and information technologies. These include highly sought after proficiencies that help you identify technology improvements in business practices including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and everything in between, formulate creative solutions, manage teams that will implement solutions and understand business requirements with the perspective of technologies.
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
- Hanover Analytics Challenge Workshop, Today! Agile Data Analytics October 18, 2019Attention, everyone! The Hanover Insurance Group, in collaboration with OPIM Innovate, will be sponsoring an alumni-run Agile Data Analytics workshop, today (October 18th). Want to know how data analytics is affected by agile software development? If so, please join us for a comprehensive overview from 1-3PM in BUSN 127. Note: this workshop is part of the […]
- MIS Case Competition Celebrates Another Successful Round October 7, 2019On Friday, October 4th, the Operations and Information Management department hosted its annual MIS Case Competition. Focused on exposing UConn students to real business problems, the competition asked participants to work together in order to create and defend potential solutions. This year, the case surrounded Connecticut Bank, a fictional financial institution attempting to enhance its […]
- Student Spotlight: Joanne Cheong October 3, 2019Born and raised in Manhattan, NY, Joanne Cheong has always been a forward thinker with a passion for innovation. Throughout high school, she actively participated in various internship and volunteer opportunities that helped her shape her soft skills while experimenting with different career paths. As a current OPIM Innovate lab specialist, her tenacity works to […]
- Interested in Analytics? Come to These Workshops! October 3, 2019Want to dive into the world of analytics and better your functional skill set? This semester, OPIM Innovate is hosting a data analytics workshop series. These workshops are associated with the Image Analytics Challenge for The Hanover Insurance Group. Students may attend a workshop, even if they are not participating in the challenge. The following […]
- Two Veteran Professors Promoted to Associate Business Deans September 25, 2019The School of Business has announced the appointment of Professors Lucy Gilson and Jose M. Cruz as new associate deans. They join Professor Bob Day in rounding out the three-person team reporting to Interim Dean David Souder. Both Gilson, who had previously led the Management Department, and Cruz, who had been the director of the... […]
- What Can Real-Time Data Analytics Do for Higher Education? August 30, 2019EdTech – Processing continuous streams of data allows universities to improve student academic performance, safety initiatives and building maintenance on campus. Read article
- Using facial recognition technology for… hailstorms? August 23, 2019Washington Post – Technology similar to what Facebook uses for recommending which friends you should “tag” may soon be coming to hailstorms. Read article
- New Business School Faculty for 2019 August 15, 2019The School of Business is welcoming 10 new faculty members this fall, including Yiming Qian, a full professor, who will chair the new Toscano Family Chair in Finance. Qian earned her Ph.D. in Finance from the Stern School of Business at NYU. Before joining UConn, she was an associate finance professor at the University of... […]