Management Information Systems
MIS teaches skills that lie at the interface between business functions and information technologies. These include highly sought after proficiencies that help you identify technology improvements in business practices including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and everything in between, formulate creative solutions, manage teams that will implement solutions and understand business requirements with the perspective of technologies.
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
- Join UConn’s Global Health Hackathon! November 5, 2020GloHSOC was created in 2018 by a group of diverse undergraduate students from many departments and schools at UConn, all united by a common goal to create an open forum for discussing issues related to the health of individuals around the world. They believed that global health is a diverse field with complex problems that […]
- Learn more about this new cooperative education experience! November 5, 2020Join the Werth Institute for a virtual Info Session Thursday, November 12th at 6pm to learn about Stamford StartUp Studio, a paid 1-2 semester cooperative educational experience. Students will get the opportunity to network with venture capitalists, venture builders, and senior business leaders. The core of the experience will be working with industry experts to […]
- OPIM Innovate kicks off the month of the Skill Development Series. October 30, 2020
- Join us for the 5th Annual MIS Case Competition October 30, 2020This is your chance to build experience, expand your resume, and win scholarship $ Monday 11/2 – MIS Case Competition Kick-off: https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/j.php?MTID=ma03292946da753a94d93457321d03b41 The Operations and Information Management Department is hosting its 5th annual MIS Case Competition. This competition provides students with a business case related to a Management Information Systems problem. All majors are welcome […]
- Vaccine logistics: The ‘challenging task’ of delivering billions of doses November 20, 2020CTPost – Getting a COVID vaccine to the entire country — and perhaps the entire world — will present a unique challenge, according to Tao Lu. “It’s the first time you are trying to do such a huge job in such a short time frame,” he said. Lu is an assistant professor at UConn’s School... […]
- UConn Students Repeat Winning Tradition During National Analytics Challenge November 17, 2020For the second consecutive year, a team of UConn graduate students earned the first-place award in a national analytics competition. Their award-winning presentation addressed how a telecom company can analyze and utilize data to help retain existing customers. The winning team included MSBAPM students Kamal Kannan Krishnan, Ayush Kumar and Namita Singh and MBA student... […]
- 15 New Faculty Join Business School September 3, 2020Fifteen new, accomplished, and enthusiastic faculty have joined the School of Business this fall. Dean John A. Elliott, who returns to the School after serving as interim Provost at UConn, said he was impressed by their expertise and credentials. “It speaks highly of our reputation as a School of Business that we have been able... […]
- 7 Big Data Stocks Fighting Coronavirus On and Off the Charts June 25, 2020Investor Place – With the rout in the stock market, investors are looking for things that will bounce back quickly. One obvious place to go looking is in the big data stocks. Coming into 2020, these companies were delivering stellar results. And now, the coronavirus serves as a potential catalyst to help them recover quickly.... […]