Management Information Systems
MIS teaches skills that lie at the interface between business functions and information technologies. These include highly sought after proficiencies that help you identify technology improvements in business practices including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and everything in between, formulate creative solutions, manage teams that will implement solutions and understand business requirements with the perspective of technologies.
Monday, September 30th, 2019
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Stamford Campus One University Place
The International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming will take place in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S. from Sep 30, 2019, to Oct 4, 2019. The main conference program will be held at UCONN Stamford.
This is the 25th edition of the annual conference on all aspects of computing with constraints, including theory, algorithms, environments, languages, models, systems, and applications such as decision making, resource allocation, scheduling, configuration, and planning. The Association for Constraint Programming has a list of previous conferences in this series.
The CP 2019 program will include presentations of high-quality scientific papers on constraints technology. In addition to the usual technical track, the CP 2019 conference will feature thematic tracks. Each track has a specific sub-committee to make sure that competent reviewers will review the papers submitted by people of these domains.
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
- Summer Intern- Exports & Trade with Terex May 3, 2018Terex, out of Westport, Connecticut, is looking for a student with strong data analytics skills to intern in exports and trades this summer. This intern will develop a trade and flow tool using Excel, update export processes, and conduct research on export and trade processes. Applicants should be upperclassmen with a minimum 3.3 GPA, and have […]
- Sony Music and Entertainment IS&T Full-time Position May 1, 2018Sony Music Entertainment is looking to fill a rotational position in Information Systems & Technology (IS&T). UConn School of Business students are encouraged to apply! Rotations occur in New York, New Jersey, and one international rotation. For more information follow the links to each position below: Sony Music Jobs IS&T Trainee Rotational Program Interested individuals should […]
- IMA Summer Send Off May 1, 2018On Friday, April 27th, the Information Management Association held a Summer Send off for its members in the Gladstein Lab. This event was a casual lunch where students were able to use the virtual reality, and mingle amongst each other before the stress of finals. “It’s really nice to get to talk to everyone in a […]
- 2018 MIS Scholarship Banquet May 1, 2018On Wednesday, April 25th, the OPIM Department held the MIS Scholarship Banquet for students who have reached outstanding academic recognition as top of their class this 2017-2018 academic year. The banquet began with appetizers and snacks from UConn Dining Services and, after some networking opportunities, Associate Dean Bob Day spoke on the importance of recognition. […]
- A Case Against the General Data Protection Regulation June 11, 2018The Brookings Institution– On May 25, the European Union started to enforce the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). As my colleague, Tom Wheeler, puts it “GDPR sets the New Digital World Order” by requiring the industry to fundamentally change its business processes and offer privacy by default and data protection by design. Rather than collecting... […]
- UConn School of Business 2018 Faculty Awards May 1, 2018The School of Business recently honored some of its top faculty members for 2018, celebrating their achievements from the classroom to international research discoveries. The winners include: Professor David Papandria, from the Accounting Department, was honored with the Undergraduate Teaching Award. Papandria teaches Assurance Services, an auditing course required for accounting majors that most will... […]
- Accelerated Masters’ Degrees April 25, 2018School of Business Offers New 4+1 Bachelor/Master Degree Options in Financial Risk Management, Business Analytics The School of Business will soon offer two accelerated programs that will allow students to earn both their undergraduate and graduate degrees in five years. The “4+1” program options will allow students with appropriate academic backgrounds to earn a Master... […]
- OPIM Innovate Allows Immersion in Emerging Tech April 16, 2018With a virtual reality headset on, junior Carina Zamudio spent part of a Friday afternoon trying to slay villains who were intent on breaching the security around a virtual castle. Zamudio, a communications major, was surrounded by faculty and students giving her advice and cheering her success as the challenge flashed on a large screen.... […]