Management Information Systems
MIS teaches skills that lie at the interface between business functions and information technologies. These include highly sought after proficiencies that help you identify technology improvements in business practices including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and everything in between, formulate creative solutions, manage teams that will implement solutions and understand business requirements with the perspective of technologies.
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
- Immediate Summer Research Opportunity in an Aerospace startup May 26, 2021Immediate Opening: Summer Engineering Research Opportunity A full time summer fellowship (stipend $4,000-$5,000) is available immediately with a UConn aerospace engineering startup company. Research will involve hands-on design, testing and building of several drone platforms. Location is on-site in the UConn technology incubator in Stamford, CT. Technical “can-do” mindset required; background in mechanical, electrical, or computer engineering desirable but not essential. This fellowship is an immersive research experience in technology innovation and […]
- Data in Business Workshop – learn more about MSBAPM April 28, 2021Loading... Taking too long? Reload document | Open in new tab
- Become a Werth Innovator April 8, 2021Loading... Taking too long? Reload document | Open in new tab
- Ascend Career Panel March 31, 2021Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/92816921729?pwd=b1ROb21lOVIwZUdVYWhTVFBHUnQ3UT09 Meeting ID: 928 1692 1729 Passcode: ascend
- Nicholas Willett ’22, School of Business May 3, 2022UConn Today – From a young age, Nicholas Willett has always been interested in processes, people, and building things. For these reasons, he chose UConn’s School of Business program, where he pursued his interests and engaged in various campus clubs and groups – all while working for a San Diego-based startup. Read article
- Innovation Award Bestowed on OPIM Professor Who Inspires Students to Embrace Emerging Tech April 21, 2022When OPIM professor Jon Moore wanted to teach undergraduates the significance of emerging technology, he created a hands-on classroom at UConn’s Spring Valley Farm that used data analytics and tech to grow herbs and keep fish healthy. Moore, who has been described by his former students as visionary, inspirational, and committed to their success, has... […]
- School Hosts Two Programs to Offer Women Students Insight, Connections, Advice During International Women’s Day March 4, 2022The School of Business is offering two unique programs, both featuring successful women in business, as part of its celebration of International Women’s Day on Tuesday. A panel of leaders from Amazon, including alumna Shirley Tarabochia ’17 MBA the General Manager at Amazon’s Windsor, Conn. facility, will address graduate students at the GBLC in Hartford.... […]
- A War Within a War: Cyberattacks Signal a Newer, Powerful Approach to Combat March 3, 2022UConn Today – Over the past few days, the Russian invasion of Ukraine has captivated the attention of the world. But in addition to fighting with troops on the ground, the nation is also defending itself on another front, from cyberattack. Read article