Analytics and Information Management
In Fall 2023, the Management Information System major (MIS) will officially transition to a new name and be rebranded going forward.
|Info Assurance Minor|
|Internship Course (OPIM 4881)|
|AIM Capstone Course (OPIM 3211)|
Information Management Association
IMA is the student club for MIS majors that helps connect members with company recruiters and professional opportunities. Any student with an IT and business interest can join and pursue career development and networking. Contact us and become a member today!
What is AIM?
Analytics and Information Management (AIM) is a fast-growing major that prepares students with knowledge and skills in managing information and technology to drive business efficiency and performance. AIM provides students with highly sought-after proficiencies that help discover business insights and identify technology improvements across business functions.
Students will learn how to analyze and interpret data to make informed business decisions, manage data and information systems to mitigate security risks, formulate creative technology solutions to fulfill business requirements and manage teams to implement solutions. Students who major in AIM are eligible to apply to the Accelerated Master of Science in Business Analytics and Project Management (MSBAPM) Program
OPIM Department News
- Alumna Melinda Brown Tells Class of 2023 to Make Great Plans, Know When to Pivot, Work in the Office Sometimes May 8, 2023 Claire Hall
- UConn celebrates promotion and tenure of 96 faculty April 20, 2023 Scott Slater III
- MEM Co-Director Craig Calvert, Who Goes Above-and-Beyond for Students, Recognized as a Top UConn Educator March 31, 2023 Claire Hall
Latest from OPIM Innovate
- 3D Printing Competition Results May 2, 2023 Duran, Lianne Bernadette
- OPIM Innovate at Spring Weekend April 18, 2023 Mariah Donahue
- Art of Innovation April 13, 2023 Mariah Donahue